Long Boat Key Dog Park Now Open
Long Boat Key now has an off-leash dog park! Located at 4052 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Bayfront Park offers a large and small park for dogs to romp.
Thanks in part to the Rotary Club of Longboat Key and other generous donors, the park is equipped with doggie water stations, necessary bags and misting fire hydrants and agility equipment in the large dog area.
Scattered trees offer shade in the large dog section.
While dogs are still not allowed on LBK beaches, this is a good start. Happy Wagging!
Don’t forget to follow the rules!
Paw Park Rules
- Dogs shall be leashed upon entering and exiting the Paw Park ***
- Small children and infants shall be under adult supervision
- Dog owners are responsible for picking up after their pets
- Dog owners shall be in the park and in view of their dogs at all time
- Dogs shall be under voice command at all times
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from the Paw Park
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from the Paw Park
- All dogs shall be current in their vaccinations as required by local ordinances
- Sarasota County shall not be responsible for any ingury or damage caused by a dog in the park.
If problems occur with vicious dogs, call Animal Services at (941) 861-9500
***Clarification about the first rule – dogs should be leashed in the parking lot, going to and from the first entry gate, but should be unleashed inside the foyer of the double-gated area, and then allowed to enter the park off leash for safety reasons of the dog. Dogs may behave differently on a leash when other dogs are off leash – often fearfully or aggressively. By removing the dogs leash upon entering you will have leveled the playing field.