If you have lost your dog or cat, the most important thing you can do is stay calm and use your head to find them.
There are several resources available to you if you have lost your pet in Sarasota County or Manatee County:
- Contact the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Department of Animal Services (or Manatee) and complete the Lost And Found Report.
- Use Facebook! Right away, post a good photo of your pet (and we mean one that shows distinctive markings) to this group: https://facebook.com/groups/lostfoundpets941 Be sure to include the date, the cross streets where your pet was lost, age, approximate weight, distinctive markings, and your phone number!
- Make posters around the area where your pet was lost with a photo your pet
- It can help to place clothing outside that you’ve worn, remember a dog’s nose is infinitely more powerful that a human’s nose and the scent might help lost pets find their way.
- Hopefully your pet is microchipped or wearing tags that can help shepherd them home.