Sarasota Paw Park Rules
- Dogs shall be leashed upon entering and exiting the Paw Park ***
- Small children and infants shall be under adult supervision
- Dog owners are responsible for picking up after their pets
- Dog owners shall be in the park and in view of their dogs at all time
- Dogs shall be under voice command at all times
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from the Paw Park
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from the Paw Park
- All dogs shall be current in their vaccinations as required by local ordinances
- Sarasota County shall not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by a dog in the park.
If problems occur with vicious dogs, call Animal Services at (941) 861-9500 for Sarasota County Park Parks.
***Clarification about the first rule – dogs should be leashed in the parking lot, going to and from the first entry gate, but should be unleashed inside the foyer of the double-gated area, and then allowed to enter the park off leash for safety reasons of the dog. Dogs may behave differently on a leash when other dogs are off leash – often fearfully or aggressively. By removing the dogs leash upon entering you will have leveled the playing field.
Additional Rules to keep in mind – these are rules often used at other dog parks across the country to keep the play safe and controlled.
- No dog food, rawhide, or treats allowed in the park
- No glass containers allowed in the park
- Owners can bring a maximum of THREE dogs into the park at one time.
- Dogs must be at least 4 month old and free of any communicable disease, parasite, virus, or
- other infection.
- Owners shall be in possession of their dog leash at all times, do not leave leash on leash hooks
- Owners responsible to fill holes dug by their dogs
- Don’t bring your dog’s favorite toy if they are possessive of it
- Leave the park as beautiful as you found it!
Practice good paw park etiquette too!!!!