Trick or Treat! Halloween is a great holiday for families. But there are some really important safety issues to consider for our pets – dogs and cats. Here are some things to keep in mind over the weekend.
- Make sure everyone with four legs is wearing proper identification
- Don’t leave dogs or cats outside on Halloween night – it’s just not safe
- Candy, especially dark chocolate is bad for pets – we all know this, but its easy to leave a treat bag in the wrong place, make sure your candy is stowed away. Check out our Bow Wow Biscuit Recipe for a special Howl-o-Ween treat for dogs.
- Be careful when the trick or treaters arrive, its easy for a nervous pet to run out the open door
- Finally, watch those pumpkins and candles. On an exciting night, dogs and cats are likely to be excited too. Make sure your pumpkin and Halloween candles are safe and secure.
Happy Halloween!!!! Make it safe for everyone!